Sunday, October 5, 2014

Trying to balance family, school and work
I have been raising my family for 28 years, so my decision to go back to school was a difficult one. It came with a lot of thought and anxiety. I was scared of being one of the oldest people in school.   I graduated from high school in 1987 so I have been out of school for a long time.   I knew I wanted a better life for my family so I decided going back to school was what I had to do. I am tired of struggling financially.    
I started my college career this past September.  My family has been very supportive, but I am having a hard time balancing everything. I feel as if I am not able to give my all to my family as I should. I babysit during the day.  I take 4 classes a week which is 12 credits this semester. I am trying to take care of my husband and my kids the best I can, but I am struggling. I hope that as time goes by I learn better time management. I want to make my family proud of me; I want to succeed in my college career.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your decision to return to college, and yes this is definitely a long hard haul and there's no doubt that you can handle this. But just think of the reward that comes with all of your hard work. Financial gain, the feeling of accomplishment, and the example your setting for your kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the best of luck with everything! I hope you can over come these obstacles and get a degree in what you love. Congratulations on returning to school! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you think positive,and be patient with each day,you will achieve your goals. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete